Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Early

The moon woke me up about 5:00 a.m. No serious fog, just some haze, but when I got outside to take a better look the Mission was completely empty, too cold even for the normal supply of leftover Friday-night party-people.





It was sinking fast by the time I reached Dolores Park. All the way over there I still met not one soul. Apparently the Rapture had arrived in San Francisco during the night. I got Left Behind.


Controlling the shutter button turned into a serious challenge after my fingers went numb. It seemed like a good idea to head back. There was no moon left.




Thinking about scrambled eggs and/or a hot shower (which first?) I passed Mission Dolores cemetery with its plaster Our Lady built into the wall. Candles had been left burning to battle the shadows.