Monday, January 13, 2014

Bolt

Dream 2

BY EILEEN MYLES
the car had a cover over it
and it was over the wheels
and it hurt my ass and I
couldn’t sleep. It seems I should move, go forward now
I was wandering through the jungle
anywhere on earth but I was a woman
in bed in New York and how many
people have died in wild places
dreaming you were still in bed
would you know. Travel well
I said to my dog when she
went on her journey thinking
of a cheap movie
I’ve thought this was an urn
turning this was on water
this was flat
but now I see light between
the trees I see water trickling
through stone this is not
made of   language but energy
that will stop when I die
the dream dies too
one bolt
Source: Poetry (December 2013)

Drawing by Wladyslav Benda, c. 1918, Moon and Milky Way, preserved at the Library of Congress