Monday, February 20, 2012

Aperture Priority


The new birthday camera exploration continued Monday. Such was my self-assigned project for this secular holiday weekend of vague and spurious patriotic significance. The framed photo of my daughter in a red cardigan has been sitting on or near my desk for the past ten years and offered itself as a good familiar object to focus on (with this SLR I am supposed to be mastering) while everything else (foreground and background) in the picture was encouraged to go out of focus. Imagine if ten years ago when she was wearing that red cardigan and eating that gigantic chocolate confection and having her picture taken, my daughter could have seen THIS picture here with the prescient knowledge of WHO that large blurry baby face beaming out of the upper right hand corner would turn out to be. What a blast from the future that would have been for her.