Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentines


I borrowed the Valentines made a couple of weekends ago at the Valentine-making party. First I tried to scan them, but the colors came out too distorted (particularly the neon orange circles that proved so popular this year). I used the camera instead, but only for as long as daylight lasted. Under artificial light the Valentines made no better photographs than scans. So this turned out to be a jumbled sample, but the special touch of Mabel Watson Payne is evident in many places. The one at top was (almost) exclusively her own work and I can vouch for that fact because it was my job to keep handing over fresh supplies as she built it.


















My promise is that I will return all the Valentines later this week, in time for them to be mailed out.