Thursday, February 2, 2012

Little Camera

26 May 2011


18 June 2011


4 October 2011


When I started this blog in 2008 all I had was a small point-and-shoot camera. Then when Mabel Watson Payne was born in 2010 I got a big point-and-shoot camera. Now for my birthday in 2012 I got a digital SLR body with one good-quality starter-lens. This afternoon I was (very tentatively) assembling the new camera, charging the battery and tackling several other set-up tasks like formatting the memory card. Instead of buying a new memory card I decided to take the one out of the small point-and-shoot that I never use now. Lo and behold, it had three pictures on it. So I needed to get them off there before I could reasonably encourage this vintage memory card to adapt itself to the slick new camera. The pictures were taken in three different months last year, under various forgotten circumstances. But here they are now, an unexpected unit.