![]() |
| Harry Callahan Untitled 1980 dye transfer print Dallas Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Bruce Davidson Untitled 1980 dye transfer print San Diego Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Fernando GarcĂa Lourdes 1980 acrylic on canvas NSU Art Museum, Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
![]() |
| David Gilhooly Fred Frog joins the Extinct Animals 1980 glazed earthenware San Jose Museum of Art, California |
![]() |
| Nan Goldin Vivienne in Green Dress 1980 C-print Fralin Museum of Art, Charlottesville, Virginia |
![]() |
| Michael Heizer Negative Sculpture - Nubia 1980 installation of granite and steel Dallas Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Ellsworth Kelly Blue Panel 1980 oil on canvas North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh |
![]() |
| Roy Lichtenstein Expressionist Woodcut - Morton A. Mort 1980 color woodblock print Los Angeles County Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Roy Lichtenstein Expressionist Woodcut - Reclining Nude 1980 color woodblock print Los Angeles County Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Frederick Linck Trapeze Artist Raoul, Circus Crone 1980 gelatin silver print Kunstmuseum, The Hague |
![]() |
| Olivia Parker Untitled #10 1980 dye imbibition print Art Institute of Chicago |
![]() |
| Cindy Sherman Untitled Film Still #56 1980 gelatin silver print Art Institute of Chicago |
![]() |
| Frank Stella Polar Co-ordinates for Ronnie Peterson V 1980 lithograph and screenprint Dallas Museum of Art |
![]() |
| Deborah Cofer Aunt Beebe 1980 acrylic paint, pastel and graphite on paper North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh |
![]() |
| Sam Abell Fish Tank - Hagi, Japan 1980 C-print Fralin Museum of Art, Charlottesville, Virginia |
![]() |
| James Byrd Untitled 1980 gouache on board San Diego Museum of Art |
The More Loving One
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.
How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.
Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.
Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.
– W.H. Auden (ca. 1957)





-Nubia-1980-granite-and-steel-(installation)-Dallas-Museum-of-Art.jpg)









